Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Tigers Jaw: Two Worlds (released 11/23/10)


Now, if you’re a Tigers Jaw fan (like myself) you must know this album is subdued, in comparison to their self-titled album and Balance & Composure split.  Overall, the album is ‘okay.’ I like this album but a vast majority of the songs are very tame and muted… Maybe that’s just what they were going for but no song truly stands among the rest. 

I recommend listening to “Test Pattern” because it sounds similar to their older stuff.  Although “Smile” embraces the tone of Two Worlds, it is one of my favorite songs on this album. In essence, if you’re a Tigers Jaw fan you will enjoy this album.  But if you have never given them a listen, don’t let this album be your first impression of them.  Their previous album remains my favorite.

0 comments:

Post a Comment