Saturday, February 12, 2011

What 2011 brings

Another new year.


I’m not sure if I’ll ever understand why people get so hyped about the new year. The only thing I sincerely look forward to each year are all the upcoming releases and bands getting back on the road...touring. It’s as if a reset button is pressed and the anticipation of x number album releases and x shows and fests returns.


The number one thing I look forward to in 2011 is celebrating the 10 year anniversary of The Fest in Gainesville, Fl. Remember the anticipation of Christmas as a kid? That’s exactly how I feel about Fest. The other fest I’m looking forward to is Stay Sweet Fest in Richmond, VA (April 15-17). Then of course Treasure Fest in Charlotte, NC (May 20-22)... It’s pretty much a big deal for my hometown.


And now, 2011 releases I’m looking forward to... as should you:
Feb 22-man overboard-absolute worst


March 8- Defeater- empty days and sleepless nights


April 26- Small Brown Bike-fell & found


April 26- Explosions in the Sky- take care, take care, take care


May 3- Title Fight


Spring 2011-Balance & Composure


Early 2011- The Dangerous Summer


Early 2011- Touche Amore


Unknown 2011- Braid


I’m pretty stoked about 2011.

0 comments:

Post a Comment